Wednesday 22 May 2013

Pizza Metro

Pizza Metro is a traditional Neapolitan restaurant. There are two branches in London - Notting Hill and Battersea. I visited the Notting Hill restaurant with some work colleagues and we ate ourselves silly!

Compared to Obika, an Italian restaurant I blogged about previously, Pizza Metro is a truly authentic pizzeria with no extra frills. On entering the restaurant you are immediately drawn to the giant stone oven manned by Italian chefs, as well as the mega towers of takeaway pizza boxes. The interior of the restaurant is typically Italian with terracotta tiles and roman murals.




The pizzas at Pizza Metro do not come individually served; instead they come a metre long pizza and served on a wooden board . A great way for sharing with friends or, if you are cheeky enough, perfect for accidentally picking up the wrong slice!


We had the Salsiccia e Sweet Peppers (mozzarella, Italian sausage, sweet peppers and rocket), but check out the rest of the menu: click here.


As an alternative to a dessert menu, sample deserts were brought out on a wooden board (they like wooden boards at this place!). I was pretty stuffed full of pizza, so I decided to share some ice cream. A huge error, because when the desserts arrived I got serious food envy! However, I did manage to steal a cheeky spoonful of tiramisu which, I have to say, was delicious.



This rustic Italian restaurant is clearly very popular.  It had a full house on a Wednesday evening.  To emphasise how authentic this restaurant really is, my Italian friend from Sorrento claims this her favourite Italian in London!  If that isn't a reason to visit I don't know what else is!

No comments:

Post a Comment